top of page


Non-Immigrant Visas

Shan Potts ​Non-Immigrant Visas


A non-immigrant visa is a type of visa that allows individuals to enter and stay temporarily in a foreign country for a specific purpose, such as tourism, business, education, or cultural exchange. Unlike immigrant visas, which are intended for individuals seeking permanent residency in the host country, non-immigrant visas have a limited duration and require the visa holder to maintain a foreign residence and demonstrate intent to return to their home country after the temporary stay.

Non-immigrant visas are typically issued for various purposes, and each visa category is designed to meet specific needs and eligibility criteria. These visas are often labeled with letters or a combination of letters (e.g., B-1/B-2, F-1, J-1) to indicate the purpose of the visit.


The duration of stay and conditions attached to non-immigrant visas can vary widely, and individuals must adhere to the terms of their visa during their stay in the host country. If someone wishes to stay in the foreign country permanently or for a more extended period, they would typically need to apply for an immigrant visa or permanent residency through a different process.


  • B-1/B-2 Visa  (Business and Tourism)

  • F-1 Visa (Student)

  • J-1 Visa (Exchange Visitors)

  • E Visa (Treaty Trader and Investor)

  • L Intra Company Transfer Visa

  • L-2 Visa (Dependents of L Visa Holders)

  • H-1B Visa (Specialty Occupation)

  • H-4 Visa (Dependents of H Visa Holders)

  • O-1 Visa (Extraordinary Ability or Achievement)

  • O-2 Visa (Support Personnel of O-1 Visa Holders)

  • P Visa (Athletes, Entertainers, and Artists)

  • TN Visa (Trade NAFTA)

  • J-1 Visa (Exchange Visitor)

  • R Visa (Religious Worker)

  • I Visa (Representatives of Foreign Media)

  • Q Visa (Cultural Exchange)

  • H-3 Visa (Trainee)

  • V Visa (Spouse or Child of U.S. Permanent Resident)

  • U Visa (Crime Victim)

  • T Visa (Human Trafficking Victim)

  • A Visa (Diplomat or Foreign Government Official)

  • G Visa (Representative to International Organizations)

  • C Visa (Transit Visa)

  • M Visa (Vocational/Non-Academic Student)

  • N Visa (Parents and Children of Certain Special Immigrants)

  • D Visa (Crewmember)

  • E-3 Visa (Australian Specialty Occupation Worker)

  • H-1B1 Visa (Specialty Occupation Worker for Singapore and Chile)

  • M-1 Visa (Vocational Student)

  • C-1 Visa (Transit Visa for Travel to the United Nations Headquarters)

  • ESTA (Visa Waiver Program)

  • S Visa (Witness or Informant)

  • TPS (Temporary Protected Status)

USA non-immigrant visa legal services
bottom of page